Authentic Mexican food is easy to make and offers a great deal of variety beyond tacos and enchiladas.
Most of the food ideas offered in this article can be made a couple of days or more in advance.
Choose Mexican-themed appetizers
1. Serve crispy tortilla chips together with homemade salsa
2. Spice the traditional ranch dressing with ? tsp of Tabasco sauce and ? tsp of cumin per 2 cups of dressing.
3. Serve the spicy ranch dressing together with fresh vegetables.
4. Offer guests hot meat empanadas and Mexican cheeses.
5. Serve grilled shrimp skewers seasoned with lemon and tequila.
Select Mexican-themed main courses
1. Serve grilled chicken, marinated overnight in a lime and tequila sauce.
2. Serve the traditional Mexican beans and rice with the tequila chicken.
3. Offer each guest a side of creamy guacamole dip for the chicken.
4. Slice corn tortillas into thin strips, use a pastry brush to spread a thin coat of olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and cumin.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until crisp.
6. Sprinkle the tortilla strips on top of a traditional Caesar salad.
Serve Mexican-themed drinks and desserts
1. Buy an instant pudding mix at the grocery store. You will find it in the instant pudding section. Prepare it a day before the party.
2. Bake a batch of cinnamon flavored Mexican Wedding Cookies, and serve with coffee after dinner.
3. Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic Sangria.
4. Serve chilled bottles of Corona with lemon wedges.
5. Serve Mexican coffees, flavored with cinnamon, vanilla and cocoa.
- Comments Off